The Senior Writer and Project Manager will be responsible for writing and editing research reports, writing and editing blog posts, and managing external communication with funders, board members, affiliated scholars, and other partner organizations. The Senior Writer and Project Manager will also be responsible for managing deadlines for major projects and managing interns.
- Assist with writing and editing research reports, scholarly articles, books, and other writing tasks as assigned
- Responsible for writing, editing content for PRRI’s “Faith in the Numbers” blog
- Responsible for writing “The Morning Buzz”, PRRI’s daily religion and politics news roundup, as well as weekly and monthly research newsletters
- Responsible for managing deadlines for all PRRI major projects, coordinating with outside research partners and assisting with event logistics
- Responsible for hiring/managing PRRI interns
- B.A. in Journalism, English, Religious Studies, Communications, Political Science or a related field
- Three to five years of experience as writer or editor required
- Experience managing multiple, complex projects under tight deadlines
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills and attention to detail
- Interest in religion, politics, and public opinion research strongly preferred
- Professional background in journalism preferred
- Grant-writing experience a plus
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, please submit your cover letter, your resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Writer & Project Manager” in the subject line of your email. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. We will be accepting applications until June 1, 2013 or until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Public Religion Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of under-represented groups.