Each year, more than 680,000 children are abused or neglected, and as many as 1,500 die as a result. In an effort to protect these vulnerable children, Shepherding the Next Generation, a network of more than 300 evangelical pastors and faith leaders, is encouraging people nationwide to share their prayers for these children through online videos in advance of the Blue Sunday Day of Prayer on April 27.
#ShareYourPrayer with a video and help us go viral: http://www.shepherdingthenextgeneration.org/bluesunday/shareyourprayer/
How to #ShareYourPrayer:
- Record a 6 to 90-second video of your prayer
- Upload or post the video to Instagram, Vine, YouTube, Vimeo, or your favorite video-sharing website
- Share the video with @ShprdNextGen on Twitter, using the hashtag #ShareYourPrayer
The campaign encourages everyone who cares about children to participate, regardless of video experience. Shepherding the Next Generation will “Retweet” many videos. The most outstanding videos will be chosen for extensive visibility through Shepherding the Next Generation’s online community. Videos will be selected with the help of three advisors:
- Paul Strand, Senior Washington Correspondent, Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN). (Twitter@PaulStrandCBN; Facebook.com/PaulStrandCBN)
- Jay Dennis, Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church at the Mall, Lakeland, Florida, serving over 9,000 members and author of six books, including The Jesus Habits, Exercising the Spiritual Disciplines of Jesus.
- Thomas Pearce, National Director, Shepherding the Next Generation.
The chosen videos will be announced on Wednesday, April 23rd
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO #SHAREYOURPRAYER
Make it real: Help people realize that more than 680,000 children are abused and neglected each year; some are probably from your community.
Make it creative: There are no rules. Say your prayer directly into the camera, use motion graphics, use actors and music, and/or share personal experiences. The possibilities are endless.
Make it inspiring, with a call-to-action: Your #ShareYourPrayer video is a powerful expression and should encourage people to take action. Direct viewers of your video to http://shepherdingthenextgeneration.org/bluesunday to learn how they can protect vulnerable kids.