COLUMBIA, MO — Religion Newswriters Association today released the list of finalists in its Chandler Student Religion Reporting Contest. The finalists are listed below in alphabetical order. Winners will be notified by June 30 and made public at the RNA Annual Banquet Sept. 20, 2014, in suburban Atlanta.
The student contest is made possible through the generosity of the Chandler Legacy Fund in honor of Russell Chandler, former religion writer for the Los Angeles Times, and his wife, ML.
The announcement is also available here: https://rna.site-ym.com/?Chandler_Finalists
Chandler Contest Winners
- Heather Adams, University of Missouri
- Elizabeth Benn, University of Toronto
- Katherine Burgess, Union University
- Travis Fauteux, University of Windsor
- Gabriella Fuller, Liberty University
- Sara Grossman, UC Berkeley
- Will Mari, University of Washington
- Alison Kathleen Moore, Brigham Young University
- Tejal Patel, University of Louisiana Monroe
- Sara Weissman, UC Berkeley
Religion Newswriters is the world’s only journalism association for people who write about religion in news media. We offer training and tools to help cover religion with balance, accuracy and insight. Visit www.RNA.org to learn more about story ideas, our religion stylebook and primer, the annual RNA conference and more.