A Press Release Distribution Service from RNS
The Religion Press Release Services distribution list reaches a niche audience of mainstream and religious press, policymakers and advocacy groups, faith denominations, universities and seminaries, associations and foundations, public relations professionals and book publishers, and more. Examples follow:
Mainstream media outlets, such as:
- New York Times
- USA TODAY
- Chicago Tribune
- Washington Post/On Faith
- Los Angeles Times
- Scripps Howard News Service
- Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly
- Dallas Morning News
- National Public Radio
- TIME magazine
Denominational and religious press, including:
- Associated Church Press
- Associated Baptist Press
- Christian Century
- National Catholic Reporter
- Presbyterian News Service
- United Church News
- United Methodist News Service
- Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America
Universities and Seminaries, such as:
- Trinity College
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Columbia Universities
- Auburn Theological Seminary
- Boston College & Boston University
- Duke Divinity School
- George Fox University
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Pacific School of Religion
- Saint Xavier University
Religious/advocacy groups & policymakers:
- World Union for Progressive Judaism
- World Relief
- White House Writers Group
- Wall Watchers
- Salvation Army
- Pluralism Project at Harvard
- Alban Institute
- Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
- Interfaith Alliance
- Habitat for Humanity
- National Black Justice Coalition
- Friends of Sabeel
- Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions
- Concerned Women for America
In addition to these groups, numerous faith groups, book publishers, public relations firms, associations and foundations also subscribe to our press release service. Altogether, nearly 2,000 people subscribe to RPRS.
Each release we send is distributed three ways:
- In unique email distribution to our RPRS customers
- Posted on our website and held there in our archives. Our website currently enjoys approximately 700,000 visits per month with close to 600,000 unique visitors.
- Distributed via Associated Press to our subscribers who receive our content that way
Our press release service begins at $165 for the first 400 words, then $40 for each 100 words (or part thereof) thereafter. We can add photos and logos for $40 each, and we can embed YouTube videos for $50 each.
In partnership with Religion Newswriters Association, RNS will post your release on this member site for an additional $50/month. Not only is your release seen by frequenting religion writers, but your investment is supporting scholarships, contests and continuing education.
Your release can enjoy additional exposure on our 5 hyper-local sites. Columbia, Mo, Toledo, Ohio, Wilmington, N.C., Hartford, Conn. and Spokane, Wash. each have faith and value sites designed to bring religion news specific to the communities they serve. Your release can be duplicated on all of these popular grassroots sites for just $50/month.
Submitting a release
Now it’s easier than ever to submit and pay for your release.
Paid press releases do not reflect the opinions of Religion News Service, its employees or management. While we attempt to post and distribute every paid release, Religion News Service reserves the right to reject a release that we believe is inflammatory against any person or group of persons. Comments or questions should be directed to the contact person(s) on each release.
Contact Wendy Gustofson, 573-884-4044, email@example.com.